Helping Animals in Need
There’s nothing that provokes human emotion like seeing an abused, neglected, or abandoned animal. If you have a passion for pets and want to make a difference, there are numerous ways to lend your time, talent, and money to worthy causes. Precious Petcare offers these tips.
Connect With the Humane Society
The Humane Society provides a wide range of support opportunities at the local and national levels.
- Foster and care for animals that have been displaced due to natural disasters.
- Make a one-time or recurring financial contribution to support efforts.
- Connect with your local Humane Society or animal shelter and volunteer — options range from fostering to everyday care and companionship.
Conduct a Fundraiser
Learn about specific needs in your community and start a fundraiser to raise awareness and money for worthy projects.
- Many animal welfare organizations need financial sponsors for animals that require medical attention — you may be able to “adopt” a pet in-need by way of covering their veterinary bills.
- Raise money for a no-kill shelter, or for a clinic that offers free or reduced-cost spay-and-neuter programs.
- Raise awareness via social media campaigns and encourage others to donate to important animal welfare causes.
Launch a Non-Profit
If you start your own non-profit dedicated to animal welfare, you’ll have the opportunity to apply for grant funding that can help accelerate your good works.
- Write a business plan and apply for an employer identification number (EIN).
- Incorporate at the state level — if your state allows it, you can create an LLC, or limited liability company, a trust, corporation, or association.
- File an application for tax-exempt status via Federal Form 1023.
- Use an online design tool and guidelines for designs that capture attention to create a poster promoting your nonprofit.
Many people have a deep affection for animals, and unfortunately, there are many animals in need of physical, financial, and emotional care and support. Ensure you are donating your time, money, and efforts to legitimate causes that will have a positive impact. If you have any concerns about the validity of an organization, visit the Federal Trade Commission website and read about how to vet a charitable organization before supporting it.
For dog walking, cat sitting, boarding, and it-home pet care services, visit Precious Petcare today!